What Is the Perfect Beach Read Anyway?


A beach read is, on the surface, a fairly easy thing to understand. It's a book you read at the beach…right? Or perhaps it's a book you'd like to read at the beach. Maybe it's just a book that takes place near an ocean?



There is no definitive answer. Like beauty, a beach read is in the eye of the beholder. We asked you on Facebook and Twitter to tell us what you think the term means. We've got your top responses below, along with some recommendations we think you'll love!








Books That Draw You In

"I think of a beach read as anything that deeply engrosses me—I can't put it down. I read Gone Girl while enjoying the beach…and I am thrilled to say I did not know the big twist. I remember when I finished that part of the novel, I put it down and just stared at the ocean for several minutes because I was so stunned," says Mary.








Books with Short Chapters

"Something with very short chapters. Nice places to stop and easily restart when distracted," says Rebecca.










Books That Make Your Heart Race

"My favorite beach reads are paperback gothic romances, the ones with the frightened young woman running away from the scary house on a cliff. I don't know why, but I have been addicted to these books since I was a kid," says Beverly.









Books with Sunny Settings

"A plot associated with sunny weather: beach, water sports, sun, eating," says Marren.










Books That Make You Laugh

"Something easy and funny so that you can lift your eyes here and there to look at the beauty in front of you," says Beatrix.










Books That Transport You

"A light-hearted book full of awesome adventure," says Romi.













What's your definition of a beach read? Let's talk in the comments!



Check out more recent blogs:

13 Ways of Coping with a Book Hangover

16 of the Hottest Romance Books of Summer

The 28 Most-Read New Books of 2018






(Top image credit: Lost)


posted by Hayley on June, 27

Source: Goodreads Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump fixer Michael Cohen pleads guilty and promptly gets roasted for his crimes